What happens when you experience excruciating pain in your gums, teeth, or jaw? You make sure to take immediate action by visiting our clinic. After knowing about your concern, we perform dental examinations to diagnose the problem and find a suitable treatment.
What is a Dental Examination?
We perform a comprehensive dental examination on all our patients to analyze their current dental condition. This examination evaluates several parts of your body like your mouth, gums, teeth, throat, neck, and jaw. It helps us detect early signs of some severe problems so that we take suitable action at the right time.
After carrying out the examination, we either write you a prescription or recommend a procedure. You can visit our clinic on the date scheduled for the treatment.
What are the Benefits of Dental Examinations?
- A comprehensive dental examination helps us detect and treat oral cancer at the earliest. When oral cancer is detected at the right time, the chances of curing it also increase.
- Dental examinations help us know about the signs and symptoms of periodontal or gum diseases.
- Using a comprehensive dental examination, we can also examine your dental irregularities.
- A dental exam gives us insight into your dental hygiene and oral care. If it is found to be poor, we design a proper dental care routine.
- A dental examination doesn’t include any pain or discomfort and gets completed in less than an hour.
- We use a comprehensive dental examination to locate the cracks and fractures in your teeth and jawbone in case of oral trauma.
When Do I Need a Dental Examination?
People of any age may receive a dental examination to check their dental health. The events such as loose teeth, patches inside your mouth, lumps or bumps inside your mouth, severe pain in the mouth, difficulty chewing or swallowing your food, swelling in your lips and gums, and extensive pain in your ear suggest that you need to visit our clinic for a comprehensive dental examination.
What Happens During a Dental Examination?
After hearing your problem, we check your mouth thoroughly to find any abnormalities. If necessary, we also carry out an X-ray of your jaw, teeth, and facial structure to learn about your problem. During a dental examination, we may use some instruments to check the irregularities in your mouth. Sometimes, we also touch the lumps and bumps inside your mouth or neck to find signs and symptoms of more serious dental problems.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Pleasanton, CA, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Dogra. Please call us at (925) 600-9006 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.