Missing teeth can take a toll on your appearance and overall health. They not only make you feel conscious about how you look but also impact your mouth’s functionality. If you are looking for restorative treatment for your missing teeth, you can visit our clinic and meet our dentist. We will recommend dental implant surgery.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a medical-grade titanium stud that we place on the roots of your missing teeth. Gradually, it fuses with the bone to support your artificial teeth, such as crowns, bridges, or implant-supported dentures. This restorative procedure is a permanent solution to your problem of missing teeth.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- There are various tooth replacement options, but dental implants are the most comfortable of them all. They allow you to eat properly, talk and pronounce words normally, and carry out all the functions of your mouth without any discomfort.
- Dental implants are a safe treatment option. After fusing into your bone, the implants feel both safe and comfortable.
- With the use of dental implants, you can take proper care of your teeth and maintain dental hygiene in the long run as no food particles get stuck between the empty spaces of your teeth.
How is the Procedure Performed?
- When you visit us for consultation, we check the condition of your mouth. We also carry out X-rays and CT-scan to reveal the dimensions, as well as bone density, that you need to have for the placement of an implant. If you do not have enough bone volume, we will perform bone grafting before the procedure.
- We will make room for the implant in your jawbone and place it.
- After placing the implant, we will stitch your gums and allow them some time to heal. The healing phase also allows the implants to fuse to your bone. This process is known as integration.
- After the integration, we will place the abutment and the artificial teeth. In most cases, dental crowns are used as artificial teeth to restore the appearance and function of your mouth.
What is After-Care?
You must maintain a good oral care routine after the procedure. Brush your teeth twice a day and use fluoride toothpaste while doing so. You should also floss your teeth regularly to remove the accumulation of food and other substances stuck between your teeth. It is recommended to visit our dental clinic twice a year for dental cleaning and check-ups. Upon finding any concern in your mouth, visit us immediately to seek suitable treatment.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Pleasanton, CA, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Dogra. Please call us at (925) 600-9006 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.